The French School of Vilnius is a school that faces resolutely toward the international community: 70% of the students are Lithuanian, 18% are French and the other 12% come from Italian, Spanish, Swiss, Russian, Estonian and Latvian backgrounds.
- Infant school for children aged from 2 to 6 years
- Primary school for children aged from 6 to 11 years
- College for children aged from 11 to 15 years
- High School for children aged from 15 to 18 years
French and Lithuanian education systems:
The programs are consistent with the requirements of the French National Ministry of Education:
- French examinations and diplomas, which give students the possibility of subsequently attending French, Lithuanian and English-language universities
- Excellence in education (teachers from France) inspired by universal values: tolerance, humanism, equal opportunities, intellectual curiosity, and promotion of critical thinking
- Socialisation and education for citizenship
- Active teaching (numerous projects)
- Acceptance of expatriate French students as well as students from Lithuania and foreign countries. Making use of this cultural diversity by innovative teaching and a spirit of openness, with particular emphasis on the learning of languages (French, Lithuanian and English being standard; also Russian, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Latin and Greek).
A network of schools unique in the world:
The Vilnius French School is part of the network of AEFE (Agency for French Education Abroad). This is a public body under the French Ministry of Foreign Affairs, which organises and manages the network of French education abroad. This unique worldwide school network consists of 488 institutions that receive almost 310,000 students in 130 countries. The quality and uniformity of education in these institutions as well as the values attached are the features of this worldwide network that is unique in its scope.
NETWORK OF FRENCH TEACHING ESTABLISHMENTS ABROAD
www.aefe.fr Agency for French Education Abroad
Excellence, sharing, influence:
The education provided at the French School of Vilnius is innovative and open to the culture and the language of the host country. It ensures reinforced learning of actively used languages, starting with the native language. It prepares the students for their future as citizens and participants in societies that are open, polyglot and multicultural. Our school has a calling to offer French education and teaching of international standard, promotion of French and the development of multilingualism, a teaching system dedicated to the success of all and a demand for excellence. This excellence is borne out by the students’ achievements: a success rate in the baccalauréat of 95%, of which 2/3 scored honourable mention.
Here is the link: Projet pédagogique 2011-2014 pdf
Student life project:
We have a real project of school life based on the specifics of the French model: striving to educate the person as an individual, as a member of a community and as a citizen (openness in the context of globalisation).
To train students in a multicultural context is also to give them the desire and the means of mobility (a necessity in today’s economic world) and to make them open to international possibilities. The diplomas awarded by the Montesquieu French School of Vilnius enable students to access the best universities in France, Lithuania, or in English-speaking countries.
Cultural objectives and openness to the environment:
We see our School as a place that is open to international possibilities and access to languages and cultures.
The teaching of French is not limited to use as a language of communication and education, but it highlights the need for interdisciplinary and intercultural work (to give practical demonstration of one’s openness to the culture of “The Other”): one speaks both French and Lithuanian in such a way that the culture of both countries is validated. In this way “The Other” is not a stranger, but a friend! Hence the concept of brotherhood, fraternity.
Education at Vilnius French School:
Partners & Sponsors